New Paint Schemes!
(Click thumbnail to enlarge)
One of the most familiar Pennsylvania Railroad
freight cars of all time, the H21a was also the largest single hopper
car class on the PRR. With over 39,000 cars built, the H21a had an
amazing history of service and longevity with several hundred cars
lasting well into the Penn Central era. During the 1940s and
early 1950s, these hoppers were leased to both the Norfolk & Western
and Virginian railroads. Atlas O's version is realistically duplicated
from designs based upon actual historical documentation of the lease
- ABS and die-cast construction
- Extremely accurate 1/4" scale details and dimensions
- Designed from the actual PRR blueprints
- Wire handrails and grab irons
- Accurate painting and printing
- Die-cast stirrups
- Operating hopper doors
- Removable coal load
- Minimum diameter (3-rail): O-45
- Minimum radius (2-rail): 24"
Please note: Atlas "O" scale couplers can also be
used on both 2-rail and 3-rail versions.
Four road numbers will be
available per road name.