New Road Numbers & Paint Schemes!
O 40' Steel Reefers
(Click thumbnail to enlarge)
This model is based
on the Pacific Fruit Express R-40-10 class reefer which was built in
1936 & 1937. This reefer was a very successful design for PFE and the
4,700 cars that were built constituted one of the largest orders ever
for refrigerator cars.
- True 1/4" dimensions and details
- Die-cast ladders, stirrups and grab irons
- Weighted chassis
- 50-ton Bettendorf trucks
- Prototypical painting and lettering
- Simulated Aluminum finish on 2-pack cars
- Scale 33" wheels and scale couplers
- Minimum diameter curve: O-36 (3-rail)
- Minimum radius curve: 24" (2-rail)
Please note: Atlas "O" scale couplers
can also be used on both 2-rail and 3-rail versions.
Two road numbers are available per road name
except for the two-pack, which has one per road name.