ROAD NUMBERS & PAINT SCHEMES!
O USRA SINGLE-SHEATHED BOX CAR
the United States Railway Administration during World War I,
the first of these 50-ton outside-braced boxcars was built in
October of 1918. The USRA design was so
successful that many single-sheathed cars built through out
the 1920s were virtual copies, or "clones" with a
variation of the steel ends.
- 3-Rail trucks are pre-drilled to accept Atlas O Adjust-A-Coupler®
- Highly detailed ABS body
- True 1/4" dimensions and details
- Die-cast chassis
- Die-cast Andrews-sprung trucks
- Full brake system
- Wood or steel door as per the prototype
- Different steel ends as per the prototype
- Prototypical painting and lettering
- Minimum diameter curve (3-rail): O-31
- Minimum radius curve (2-Rail): 24"
- Scale 33" wheels and scale couplers (2-rail)
Two road numbers are
available per road name.